Lectures & Researches
• Humans are forever learning about nature and from nature
• Be Grateful for Who You Are
• AIDS is a war against humanity
• Living Positively: Narratives from HIV positive women
• A Qualitative Study Examining HIV Antiretroviral Adherence Counseling and Support in Community Pharmacies (454 Journal of Managed Care Pharmacy JMCP July/August 2013 Vol. 19, No. 6)
• Climate change is a global challenge
• UN Sustainable Development Goals
• UN Secretary-General meets with civil society to commemorate Paris Agreement entry into force
• Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination Against Women
• Working with Humanitarian Organizations I have developed programs to advocate for human rights with focus on women and children’s rights, including Voices for Justice
• Worked with Women’s Wisdom Women in Action
• Served as a member of the Building Bridges of Understanding committee inviting Shirin Ebadi, noble peace laureate, to Bay Area
• Contributed towards providing: medical supplies and clean water in refugee areas; elimination of poverty; HIV/AIDS awareness and prevention; education to understand the signs of domestic violence
Events & Conferences
I have participated in variety of humanitarian events and conferences including: the UN annual NGO/DPI, and the Millennium World Peace Summit in the United Nations; Women’s Wisdom, Women in Action (California), and more; and presented talks and engaged in panel discussion on variety of subjects Building Bridges of Understanding Series (http://ias.org/buildingbridges/servicereport/) panel presentation on moving beyond the stereotypes and prejudices of HIV-positive individuals; importance of forgiveness and imagination in accepting; Rhythm Within, presented by the Community Healing Center (California); Sufi Poetry and Music, Parliament of the World’s Religions in Barcelona, Spain, and more.
Annual Sufism Symposium: Meditation, Universal Consciousness and the Journey of Transformation
April 22-April 23, 2017
Health & Wellbeing
• Ensuring healthy lives and promoting the well-being for all at all ages is essential to sustainable development.
• UN recipe to enjoy safe food this holiday season
• UN Global Conference on Health
• The Global strategy and action plan on aging and health
• Everyone has the right to a standard of living adequate for the health and well-being of himself [herself] and of his [her] family, including food, clothing, housing and medical care and necessary social services, and the right to security in the event of unemployment, sickness, disability, widowhood, old age or other lack of livelihood in circumstances beyond his [her] control.
—Universal Declaration of Human Rights (Article 25, para. 1) To read more on United Nations the Universal Declaration of Human Rights visit : http://www.un.org/en/universal-declaration-human-rights/index.html
• I have worked towards health and well-being with organizations devoted to social justice and HIV/AIDS prevention; developed ongoing programs of food drives to eliminate hunger; contributed towards universal primary education by adopting a classroom; organized roundtable discussions for education and prevention of domestic violence including: on: Recognizing Women’s Rights and Creating a Safe Place; conceived a Cross Cultural Study of families who emigrated to the United States, addressing the challenges of adjusting to a new culture, language and environment, and the potential effects on intra-generational relationships.